Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hand Made Ornament Exchange

My cute friend has a super fun Christmas tradition of doing a homemade ornament exchange party. When she asked if I wanted to participate, I have to admit at first I wondered what in the world I would do with 17 homemade Ornaments (especially with the hopes that we will have a house full of children some day who will provide a great deal of homemade specialities to add to our tree) but after she explained a little further and directed me online, I was in.  She invited 17 different people to participate and then each person had to make 17 of the same ornament.  This cute little guy was my creation.  I wish I could take credit for the idea (I found it online), but I did make it from scratch.  My wonderful hubby even helped me.  The Marshmallows are made out of clay, which I had to spray paint white because they dried gray (grrrrrr!) the chocolate is brown foam and the graham cracker is cork.  The rest is paint, ribbon, and wire.  I am pretty proud of how cute they turned out, but I have to say making 17 was a lot of work!  It was really neat to see what the 17 different people came up with.  We each did something unique and different!  It was a great time and I am super excited for next year's party.  I am totally hooked and already have planned my ornament for next year :P

2 comments:

Bekah: said...

Can I say this?

Yours is the cutest.

(erase this comment if you need too)

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

YIPPY! I'm so gald you had a great time!!